Skip to main content
Question

LifeCycle Insights: Restrict External User Access to Specific Boards

• 22 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

Love LCI and finding new use cases continuously. However I’ve come across an issue that I hope the community can assist with.

Specifically, when granting an External User access, I want to be able to restrict their ability to view certain boards within our PSA, such as Payables.  To date I have not found a way to do so.  It is simple enough to create the user/privileges, but that user has access to every board in our PSA via the drop down menu in Report Builder. 

Has anyone else attempted to do this? Have you found a workaround to this issue? Please advise and thanks in advance for any assistance.  

1 reply

Badge +1

Hey Danny,

First and foremost, would you kindly add this to the Product Ideas page. You are most certainly correct that we should be able to limit what we allow Users to see. Secondly, there isn’t a fix for this at the moment but, this is technically what Report Locker was meant to do. If you save the downloaded reports to Report Locker and just give them Read Access to that page, you can control the reports that they see. 

Here is a link to a YouTube video: 

Let me know if you have any other questions.