Skip to main content
Solved

New Dashboard sucks. Give us back a desktops/Servers out of warranty

• 21 May 2024
  • 9 replies

As the title says. Give us back the basic features we signed up for.

I report weekly on how many desktops & servers are out of warranty. I used to be able to log in, see this information, and log out.

Please give us back the BASIC functionality so we can see at a glimpe how many desktops & server are out of warranty, without having to deep dive into all the BS. 

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Craig,

There’s essentially three dashboards in Lifecycle manager, the main dashboard you see when you login (dashboard in the nav), there is the insights dashboard (under strategy in the nav) and then there is the client summary which is kind of a dashboard. Which one of these were you using to check warranty numbers?

BTW, if you don’t like the new experience you can switch back using a button on the main dashboard.

Badge

Adam,

I am talking about the dashboard, plain and simple. The dashboard is the landing page when you open Lifecycle manager, not the insights or the other crap.

I don’t want to go into insights, set up filters just to see what I have been able to see for the past 5 years on the dashboard.

I want to log in and see the information of how many devices are expired, as we happily have from the beginning back when Salepad was doing things right.

The ‘Revert back button’ which is available only until June 18, for those of use who like the old dashboard, This is not a permanent solution. Its only available until June 18. 

I don’t know how much testing has been performed here (assume not much), but the ‘revert to old dashboard’ did nothing for me, it still shows the exact same dashboard. I have already raised a support ticket.

All the little bits and peices, and bolt ons that you guys do takes away from the focus which made you guys a good product in the first place. There is so much crap now, and the basic things do not work.

Badge

Sigh, so now the Scalepad community is blocking my responses. For simply using the word ‘crap’? 
This is the worst.

Adam, to respond to you so you can hopefully see my response this time..

The ‘switch back to old dashboard until June 18th’ button does nothing. I suspect this hasn’t been tested properly. I have opened a ticket, submitted screenshots of that happening, and getting nowhere.

Also when I mention the dashboard, I am referring to the landing page when you log into lifecycle manager. it does not show me figues there of the information I am looking for. It used to. It used to be great.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I can see this response :)

I know exactly what you’re referring to, it’s actually an old version of the main dashboard that was update about a year ago, and you could switch back to the that old version until now.  

Aside from the total # of servers and workstations out of warranty, anything else you would like to see on the main dashboard?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Craig L  sorry that your response may have been blocked. We have automatic filters in our system that blocks what the platform considers curse words which is why you may have not been able to submit your first response. 

We appreciate you re-submitting your original response sans curse :)

100% Same frustration here.  The most time saving and useful feature is gone.  It’s now many extra steps and no automation to quote warranties based on initiatives.  TBH, its enough to explore competitors.  I imagine I’m saying what many are thinking…

*Please* bring back some level of automated insights, but absolutely warranty quotes and purchasing directly within initiatives!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@iShred  thanks for the feedback! I’ll make sure the Product team is aware.

Hi @iShred ,  I am from the user experience team and I would love to learn more about how we can streamline your warranties quote workflow for you. If you are interested, please feel free to book a 30mins chat with us through this link.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, @Craig L and @iShred 

I’m a senior UX designer from our user experience team. Thank you for your feedback. I’d love to talk to you and understand your use case with the dashboard better. Feel free to book a time slot that works for you through this link. Thank you and looking forward to getting connected.